I’m sure every single person anticipating this movie has made sure to incorporate Blue Swede’s (Hooked on a Feeling) into their crime-fighting playlists– I know I have. The minute the song came on during that first trailer of Guardians of The Galaxy I can assure you I was hooked….on a feeling.The Director, James Gunn shared the track list for the Film’s soundtrack on his Facebook Page earlier today and its OUT OF THIS WORLD! *I wonder how many space puns came we come up with.*
The soundtrack cover is simple, its classic looking, its AWESOME. Without giving too much away this track plays an important role for Star-lord himself Peter Quill aside from being his “Awesome Mix Vol. 1” its supposed to be his anchor to Earth.
James Gunn adds onto the announcement, “NOTE: this is not the entirety of the Mixed Tape that Peter Quill listens to, the one that I gave to Chris Pratt that he listened to endlessly before the movie started. That is a longer list, that includes these songs, among others. I’ll release that full list closer to the release of the film.”You can already preorder the album on AMAZON and if you do not wish to be spoiled on what songs are in the movie and you’d rather hear them for the first time when you watch it in theaters August 1st STOP SCROLLING NOW !
Song spoilers start here**
The track list is as follows,
1. Blue Swede – Hooked on a Feeling
2. Raspberries – Go All the Way
3. Norman Greenbaum – Spirit in the Sky
4. David Bowie – Moonage Daydream
5. Elvin Bishop – Fooled Around and Fell in Love
6. 10Cc – I’m Not in Love
7. Jackson 5 – I Want You Back
8. Redbone – Come and Get Your Love
9. The Runaways – Cherry Bomb
10. Rupert Holmes – Escape (the Pina Colada Song)
11. The Five Stairsteps – O-O-H Child
12. Marvin Gaye/Tammi Terrell – Ain’t No Mountain High Enough
I can already say *Preordered*, what do you think of the list? what else do you think is in Star-Lord’s awesome mix!? Let us know in the comments down below and shoot us some space tweets on the tweetosphere @NerdworkTweets and remember to hit that follow button.